Ground hydrants and not only

Vezi subiectul anterior Vezi subiectul urmator In jos

Mesaj  Gabriela Lupancescu la data de Mar Iul 20, 2010 12:46 am

Second theme:

Existence of hydrants is a good thing for water network. They are useful for breaking pressure in case of damage to the valves are no longer hold, washing pipe, fire, filling the tank.
Searching for loss of water in a metered area we found a road tanker which made the petrol tank. In this way we've found the losses from that area ..................

Lately the green spaces from Timisoara have been expanded, as a result they must be irrigated. woprking spaces and other activities increase water consumption by hydrants.

How did you solve hydrants problems, you've found them or What solutions did you find?

I'm waiting your opinions for and against, the idea is to be active. The more we elaborate more these threads, the more we could improve our knowledge or making new ideas come to us.

Gabriela Lupancescu

Data de inscriere : 13/07/2010
Varsta : 31
Localizare : Craiova

Vezi profilul utilizatorului

Sus In jos

Mesaj  Gabriela Lupancescu la data de Mar Iul 20, 2010 12:48 am

Illeagal use of hydrants and other such fittings is a thorny problem for water companies and one that needs to be carefully policed. In the UK we used to use staff that used to patrol areas of water networks as part of their system inspection duties. All standpipes used to connect to the water network for drawing water should be the property of the water company, uniquely numbered and metered. They should only be issued out under license for use by clients on designated fittings and subject to a substantial deposit for return. Charges for water used should be stipulated on the license. Any standpipes that are not licensed should be removed to the water company offices with notification that it will be returned to the client only when a license agreement has been set in place.

If this type of arrangement is not already in place I would recommend its introduction together with a publicity campaign directed towards the major clients who use standpipes for irrigation and tanker filling purposes.

I have now booked to return to Romania at the end of the month and I hope that we can then get together as you suggested in yor previous memo to get moving on the establishment of the data base for know-how exchage.

Gabriela Lupancescu

Data de inscriere : 13/07/2010
Varsta : 31
Localizare : Craiova

Vezi profilul utilizatorului

Sus In jos

Vezi subiectul anterior Vezi subiectul urmator Sus

Permisiunile acestui forum:
Nu puteti raspunde la subiectele acestui forum